» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
Electrical Question about A Kettle Plug That Gets Very Hot
I have an electric kettle that seems to work well but the plug gets very hot as the water heats up.
Electrical Question from Kate about A Kettle Plug That Gets Very Hot
Received from Kate a Homeowner in Ashland, Oregon
[ad#block]Question: I have an electric kettle that seems to work well but the plug gets very hot as the water heats up. The receptacle is relatively new – 3 years old. Is this dangerous? Should I replace the plug?
Additional Comments: Good web site – I hope it produces good answers! Thanks!
Thanks for your electrical question.
Ahh. Ashland Oregon, what a Great Place!
As for the website answers: There are thousands of answers specifically about home electrical wiring, now with over hundreds added each month.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Electrical Safety
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: More about Outlets
Be Careful and Be Safe – Never Work on Energized Circuits!
For Best Results Consult a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Locate An Electrical Contractor in Your Area
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Cord Questions, Electric Appliance Questions, Electrical, Safety, Safety Questions and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Question from Jordan about Garage GFCI||Electrical Question about Electrical Code for Main Service Wires|