Electrical Connections for a 240 Volt Dryer Outlet
How to Wire a 3Wire 240 Volt Dryer Outlet: Connections for the X Y W Wire Terminals of a 240 Volt Dryer Receptacle Outlet.
Wiring a Dryer Outlet
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I need help wiring a 240 volt outlet for a electric clothes dryer.
- I am putting in a new power outlet in for a 240 volt electric clothes dryer.
- The old dryer was wired direct.
- The new outlet calls for a W, Y, and X wires.
- I have Red, White, and Black wires.
- Where do I put the Red, White, and Black wires on to the outlet?
This electrical wiring question came from: Bob, a Homeowner from Cranston,Rhode Island.
See more about Home Wiring for Rhode Island
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Bob.
How to Wire a 3Wire 240 Volt Dryer Outlet
Application: Wiring a Dryer Outlet.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best Installed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor or Certified Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and connect the 240 volt dryer outlet.
Precaution: Identify the dryer circuit at the electric panel, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working wiring the dryer outlet.
Notice: Wiring a dryer outlet and making the electrical connections should be done according to local and national electrical codes and using approved materials.
Electrical Wiring Configuration for a 240 Volt Electric Dryer Outlet
Wire Connections for X Y W 240Volt Receptacle Dryer Outlets
- The Black Wire attaches to Outlet Terminal X
- The Red Wire attaches to Outlet Terminal Y
- The White Neutral or Green wire or Ground wire attaches to Outlet Terminal W
More about Wiring a 3wire and 4wire Dryer Cord and Outlet
How to Wire a Dryer
3Wire and 4Wire Dryer Outlets
- See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system.
- You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet.
- Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Electrical Wiring Diagram
- Wiring 220 Volt Electrical Outlet
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how electrical outlets for the home are wired.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about 240 Volt Dryer Outlet, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Light Switch Wiring Diagrams||Installing Garage Light Fixtures|