Electrical Calculations for Light Fixtures
How to Calculate and Determine Electrical Circuit Loads for Lighting Fixtures© By: Dave Rongey
How to Calculate Circuit Loads and Sizes
[ad#block]I’m installing basement lights, how do I know how many light fixtures I can place per circuit and what size breaker do I use.
This electrical question came from: Larry, a Homeowner from Hebron, Ohio.
See more about Home Wiring for Ohio
Thanks for your electrical question Larry.
How to Calculate and Determine Electrical Circuit Loads for Lighting Fixtures
- The electrical circuit calculation for light fixtures is based upon:
- The number of lights that will be installed
- The size of the lamps
- The total number of lamps.
- Once this information is determined then the lighting circuit may be sized consisting of
- the appropriate cable
- and circuit breaker.
The Following links will assist you with lighting circuits
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
- Circuit breaker
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
- How to Install Basement Electrical Wiring
- Basement Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Basement Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.For more information about Circuit Wiring
- Circuit Wiring
- Electrical Circuit Wiring
- This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
- This link is helpful as a Homeowner
- Do-It-Yourself Electrical
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about Calculations, Electrical and Home Electrical Wiring:
|« Previous||Next »|