Dimmer Switch Controls for Stage Lighting
How to Calculate Lighting Loads for Sizing Dimmer Controls – The actual electrical load that is required for each circuit of lighting will need to be determined in order to establish the type and size of dimmer control that would be best for the stage lighting.© By: Dave Rongey
Stage Lighting and Dimmer Control Options
[ad#block] Our church sound booth has seventeen light switches that each control approximately 6-8 can lights.
- We would like to install dimmer switches in order to make transitioning to stage lighting at the beginning of services smoother.
- Can we use a dimmer from the hardware store or do we need a commercial dimmer?
- If so, about how much do those run?
- Is there any way to link the dimmers together so they go down and up at the same time but also still maintain the ability to control them individually?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
This electrical wiring question came from: Kristi, a Homeowner from Ottawa, Kansas.
See more about Home Wiring for Kansas
Additional Comments: So helpful!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Kristi.
How to Calculate Lighting Loads for Sizing Dimmer Controls
- The actual electrical load that is required for each circuit of lighting will need to be determined in order to establish the type and size of dimmer control that would be best for the stage lighting.
- There is quite a variety of control options that can be interfaced with the sound board controls.
- I would recommend looking into the option of installing a system that enables you to remotely control the lighting from the sound board and have the required dimmer packs installed near the electrical source or circuit panel location.
The Following will assist you with your Stage Lighting and Dimmer Controls
Wiring a dimmer switch
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Home Lighting Articles
Home Lighting Articles covering recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, lighting terminology and more.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about Dimmer Switch and Home Electrical Wiring:
|« Previous||Next »|