Designing Solar Power Systems for the Home
Design Factors that will Affect Solar Power Performance – The design for any solar power system is essential for optimal performance. Using quality materials such as solar panels and inverters is key.
Design Factors for Solar Power Performance
Electrical Question: I am trying to build a solar panel powered appliance the appliance will use about 150 watts.
I will have about 200 watt solar panels hooked up to 4 12 volt batteries my questions are:
- How long will it take to charge the 4 12v battery using the spare 50 wattage or the entire 200 watts?
- How long will the 48 volts power the 150 watts?
- Are there any overcharging problems and how can I fix them?
Background: Anthony, a Homeowner from Sierra Vista, Arizona
Additional Comments: easy and helpful
Thanks for your electrical question Anthony.
Design Factors that will Affect Solar Power Performance
- The design for any solar power system is essential for optimal performance.
- Using quality materials such as solar panels and inverters is key.
- The type and size of the batteries that will have a great deal to do with performance as well.
- The type of loads that will be placed on the system will have a great deal to do with the amount and duration of power that will be available.
The Following will assist you with Solar Power
You have many options for using renewable energy
From solar-powered outdoor lights to buying renewable energy from your utility to even producing solar electricity at home with photovoltaic (PV) cells
House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Solar Panel System and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|New Lighting Trips Out Circuit Breaker||Wiring Two Ceiling Fans and Switches|