» Residential Electrical Wiring: Guide to Home Wiring
» Need Electrical Help? Ask the Electrician
DANGER – Do Not Power Wash Your Fixtures or Outlets!
Question: I have a property light mounted over my garage door. I was hosing off the garage and sprayed the light and heard a pop sound. Answer: Spraying ANY electrical device with water is EXTREMELY Dangerous!
Electrical Question from Jim about Light Switch Wiring
[ad#block]Question: I have a property light mounted over my garage door. I was hosing off the garage and sprayed the light and heard a pop sound. I checked the breakers and also replaced the bulb. The light no longer comes on at dusk??
Thanks for your electrical question.
Jim it sounds like you hosed the circuitry inside your light fixture dusk to dawn module. You need a new fixture! This can also happen to Motion Detector Fixtures.
Spraying ANY Electrical Device with Water is EXTREMELY Dangerous, Even GFCI Protected Devices.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Light Switch Wiring
Light Switch Wiring
This link is helpful as a Handyman
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: How-To-Videos
Be Careful and Be Safe – Never Work on Energized Circuits!
For Best Results Consult a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Locate An Electrical Contractor in Your Area
The following may also be helpful for you:
Electrical Wiring Video #2
Home Electrical Wiring Videos about this Topic and More
Dave's Companion Guide to Home Electrical Wiring:
|More articles about Electrical, Safety and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Circuit Breaker Trips In Home Wiring||You Can Control Anything Using X-10 Devices!|
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.