Connecting the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire
How to Install Ceiling Fans and the Wiring Connections: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
Installing Ceiling Fan Wiring
Electrical Question: I’m installing a ceiling fan, the wires in the ceiling are black,white, red, and bare.
- The wiring supplied with the fan are a black wire , white wire , and a blue wire.
- What do I connect the blue wire to?
This electrical wiring question came from: Will, a Homeowner from Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Will.
How to Connect the Wires of a Ceiling Fan
Application: Wiring a Ceiling Fan
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Wiring Connections for a Ceiling Fan Wiring
- The Blue Wire is for the Ceiling Fan Light, and if you do not have a separate switch wire for the light, then the blue attaches with the black wire for the Ceiling Fan Motor.
- Some ceiling fans will have a black and white stripe colored wire that is to be used for the light fixture.
- Be sure to consult the installation manual that is included with your ceiling fan for wiring variations.
More about Wiring a Ceiling Fan
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
|More articles about Blue Wire, Ceiling Fans, Electrical Wiring and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|240 Volt Circuits and Switches||Hot Tub Pump and Heater Control|