Common Problems With Light Switch Wiring
How to Connect Light Switch Wiring: Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches.© By: Dave Rongey
Understanding Light Switch Wiring
[ad#block]Electrical Question: I have two porch lights that I want switched together on one switch.
- I have provided power to one light but inadvertently provided the switch wire to the other light.
- There is one 12/2 wire running between them.
- Any way to make that work?
- Wire them in series maybe?
This electrical wiring question came from: Rick, a Handyman from Orlando, Florida
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Rick.
How to Connect Light Switch Wiring
- Connecting any house power in series is not recommended, besides, the amount of power that will be produced will be limited by the size of the light bulbs in the fixtures, and if these are fluorescent fixtures you will most likely damage the light fixture power supplies.
- An additional cable is required between the two light fixtures for this to work properly.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
The Following will assist you with Light Switch Wiring
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
More articles about Lighting, Wiring Diagram and Home Electrical Wiring:
|« Previous||Next »|