Ceiling Fan Direction for Winter Time
How to Change Your Ceiling Fan Rotation for Winter Time: Consider these Factors Before Adjusting the Direction Switch of Your Ceiling Fan, Locating the Ceiling Fan Direction Switch.
Ceiling Fan Adjustment to Help Warm Up Your Home
[ad#block]Ceiling Fan Question: Which direction should a ceiling fan turn in cold weather, clockwise-counterclockwise?
This home electrical question came from: Barbara, a Homeowner in Oregon.
Additional Comments: Great, I am just confused about the direction, is not making it a clear answer.
Thanks for your ceiling fan question Barbara, lets see if we can clear up the confusion.
- How to Change Your Ceiling Fan Rotation for Winter Time
- The experts claim that a ceiling fan should push the air straight down, essentially pulling the heat down to the cool areas of the room.
- However – I sincerely feel that it really depends on the characteristics of the room.
- Consider these Factors Before Adjusting the Direction Switch of Your Ceiling Fan
- Are there windows in the room? If not the walls will be warmer and create an upward air flow from the perimeter walls.
- Is there a fireplace or wood stove in the room, and how close is the ceiling fan.
- Is a chair or bed directly below the ceiling fan?
- Do the occupants of the room like the breeze coming down toward them, or do they prefer a more gentle distributed air flow coming from the outer walls of the room.
- Hopefully this will help you decide which way is best for you and you can be your own expert, go with what works for you!
Locating the Ceiling Fan Direction Switch
Ceiling Fan Direction Winter
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
The following may also be helpful for you:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
The Safest Way to Test Electrical Devices and Identify Electric Wires!The Non-Contact Electrical Tester
This is a testing tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and is the first test tool I grab to help identify electrical wiring. It is a Non-contact tester that I use to easily Detect Voltage in Cables, Cords, Circuit Breakers, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, Outlets and Wires. Simply insert the end of the tester into an outlet, lamp socket, or hold the end of the tester against the wire you wish to test. Very handy and easy to use.
The Quickest Way to Check for Faulty Electrical Wiring!The Plug-In Outlet Tester
This is the first tool I grab to troubleshoot a problem with outlet circuit wiring. This popular tester is also used by most inspectors to test for power and check the polarity of circuit wiring.
It detects probable improper wiring conditions in standard 110-125 VAC outlets Provides 6 probable wiring conditions that are quick and easy to read for ultimate efficiency Lights indicate if wiring is correct and indicator light chart is included Tests standard 3-wire outlets UL Listed Light indicates if wiring is incorrect Very handy and easy to use.
Strip Off Wire Insulation without Nicking and Damaging the Electric Wire!The Wire Stripper and Wire Cutter
My absolute favorite wire stripping tool that I have had in my personal electrical tool pouch for years, and this is the tool I use to safely strip electrical wires.
This handy tool has multiple uses:
The wire gauges are shown on the side of the tool so you know which slot to use for stripping insulation.
The end of the tool can be used to grip and bend wire which is handy for attaching wire onto the screw terminals of switches and outlets..
The wire stripper will work on both solid and stranded wire. This tool is Very Handy and Easy to Use.
|More articles about Blade Rotation Direction and Home Electrical Wiring:|
|« Previous||Next »|
|Electrical Wiring Safety and Home Inspections||How To Wire a Ceiling Fan and Light Fixture|