Filed under Hot Tub Wiring
Wiring for a Hot Tub and GFI
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Installing GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and the GFI Circuit
Hot Tub GFI Wiring
- Should the wiring be copper and the GFI copper?
- An electrician says the GFI doesn’t matter as far as aluminum vs. copper.
This electrical question came from: Vale, a Homeowner from Cobb, California.
See more about Home Wiring for California
Thanks for your Home Electrical question Vale.
GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and GFI Circuit
- Most hot tubs clearly specify that copper wiring must be used for the installation.
- The GFCI circuit breaker must be compatible with the copper wire as well, as they typically are.
- A dedicated 4-wire circuit is typically required containing:
- a separate neutral wire
- and a separate ground wire.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- Hot Tub Wiring Diagram Information
- Electrical Codes and Details for Spa and Hot Tub Wiring.
- Essentials for your installation
- Required GFCI Ground Fault protection and circuit wire size.
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« How to Make Ceiling Fan Wire Connections||Replacing Home Electrical Wall Outlets »|