Wiring for a Hot Tub and GFI
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Installing GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and the GFI Circuit
Hot Tub GFI Wiring
- Should the wiring be copper and the GFI copper?
- An electrician says the GFI doesn’t matter as far as aluminum vs. copper.
This electrical question came from: Vale, a Homeowner from Cobb, California.
See more about Home Wiring for California
Thanks for your Home Electrical question Vale.
GFI Hot Tub Electrical Wiring and GFI Circuit
- Most hot tubs clearly specify that copper wiring must be used for the installation.
- The GFCI circuit breaker must be compatible with the copper wire as well, as they typically are.
- A dedicated 4-wire circuit is typically required containing:
- a separate neutral wire
- and a separate ground wire.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- Hot Tub Wiring Diagram Information
- Electrical Codes and Details for Spa and Hot Tub Wiring.
- Essentials for your installation
- Required GFCI Ground Fault protection and circuit wire size.