Filed under Electrical Wiring, Pull Chain Switch
Wiring Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Replace Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches – Make sure you are purchasing the right pull chain switch because there are several different types that are available for a variety of applications. Before removing the existing pull chain switch make sure to identify the wiring connections.
Wiring Connections for Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches
- I made sure it clicked on and off prior to installing it, but after I installed it, it’s a 2 wire switch by the way, it went on but popped when I went to turn it off and will not click anymore.
- What could have caused this and how can I correct it.
This electrical wiring question came from: Lawrence, a Homeowner from Boca Raton, Florida
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Lawrence.
How to Replace Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches
- For ceiling fans, be sure to verify the wiring as it attaches to the switch.
- Understand that in most cases the pull chain switch does not get connected to a neutral wire.
- Pull chain switches only switch power.
- When you stated that your new pull chain switch popped and then stopped working this could be an indication that the wiring is wrong, to the point of creating a direct short, which could create a popping sound and unfortunately damage the pull chain switch.
Before Replacing Pull Chain Switches
- Make sure you are purchasing the right pull chain switch because there are several different types that are available for a variety of applications.
- Before removing the existing pull chain switch make sure to identify the wiring connections.
- Mark with tape or use a permanent marker.
- After identifying the pull chain switch wiring the switch may be removed so that you can take it to the hardware store to purchase a replacement.
- Never throw the old pull chain switch away until you know that the replacement switch is the right one.
The Following links will assist you with Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches:
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
- Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
- Electrical wire
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- For more information about Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- This link is helpful as a Homeowner
- Do-It-Yourself Electrical
Learn How to Wire it Right!
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« Adding a Garage Electrical Panel||Electric Dryer Circuit Requirements »|