Wiring a Bathroom GFI Outlet and Light Switch
By Dave Rongey - Summary:
Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom GFI Outlet with a Light Switch: Wiring Diagrams for GFI Outlets
Bathroom GFI Outlet Wiring with a Light Switch
This electrical question came from: Bob, a Homeowner from Woodbine, Georgia.
Thanks for your electrical question Bob.
Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom GFI Outlet with a Light Switch
- Check to make sure that the white neutral wires are connected properly.
- Understand that if the GFI outlet will be protecting the light fixtures then the white neutral wire for the light fixtures must be wired through the GFI outlet the same as the black or power wire.
- If the light fixtures will not be protected by the GFI outlet then the black power for the light fixtures is spliced to the power wire that connects to the LINE side of the GFI outlet.
- The white neutral wire for the light fixtures is connected to the white neutral wires that connects to the LINE side of the GFI outlet.
More about wiring outlets
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home.
- See how wiring electrical outlets for the home is installed.
GFCI Outlet Wiring
Wiring Diagrams for GFI Outlets
The features and benefits of GFCI outlets and receptacles will give you a clear understanding of the importance why these safety devices are required by electrical code to help protect you and your family against accidental electrical shock hazards.
For more information about Light Switch Wiring
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Wiring Diagrams
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo wiring diagram.
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC: