Why Your Ceiling Fan Light May Not Work
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
I cannot get my ceiling fan light kit to work, what did I do wrong? Why Your Ceiling Fan Lights May Not Work and How to Fix Them.
Ceiling Fan Light Problem
- The wiring is as follows:
- Red, White, Black and Copper Ground are at the ceiling electrical box to the ceiling fan.
- The Ceiling Fan Connections:
- Black to Black, Red to Blue, White to White and Green to Ground to the fixture.
- The Light Kit (LK) has White and Black. The Light Portal from the Fan has a Blue and White wire.
- I connected the Light Kit White to the Fan White and the Light Kit Black to the Blue.
- The Light Kit light does not come on.
- The Ceiling Fan works from single switch on wall.
What am I missing?
This electrical wiring question came from: Jack, a Homeowner from Bradenton, Florida.
Thanks for your Ceiling Fan Question Jack.
Why Your Ceiling Fan Lights May Not Work
Why Your Ceiling Fan Lights May Not Work and How to Fix Them.
The Biggest Oversight for Ceiling Fan Lights
- Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Light Switch
- Jack, the only thing left to do is use the pull chain light switch on the light kit of the ceiling fan.
- The Ceiling Fan Light Switch
- This is one of the most common overlooked items when trying to get the ceiling fan light kit to work.
More about Ceiling Fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Ceiling Fan Wiring