Why Stovetop Controls Are In The Back
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Electric Stove Top Features and Safety Concerns – There is one safety feature that I believe it helps with and that is keeping the knobs out of the reach of children who would normally be able to turn on the burners which could lead to a number of hazards.
One Electrical Safety Feature Leads to Another
- I know there are some – expensive – models that have front controls like gas ranges, also some – expensive – drop-in models that have side controls.
- What I can’t understand is why every electric range I ever had in Britain, whether expensive or basic, always had front controls.
- And they all also had a separate broiler so you could bake in the oven and broil under the broiler at the same time.
All I get told is it’s a wiring issue.
This electrical question came from: Lynda, a Homeowner from Butler PA
See more about Home Wiring for Pennsylvania
Additional Comments: So far – giving me an education!
Thanks for your electrical question Lynda.
Electric Stove Top Features and Safety Concerns
- Lynda, your absolutely right – it is a little awkward isn’t it, And I do not believe that it is a wiring issue.
- However there is one safety feature that I believe it helps with and that is keeping the knobs out of the reach of children who would normally be able to turn on the burners which could lead to a number of hazards.
The Following will assist you with your electrical range:
- Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
- Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range. Lets look at how the electric range is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
- Wiring Options for a Kitchen Oven
- Fully Described Kitchen Electric Oven Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric circuit. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric oven. Lets look at how the electric oven is wired and the possible solutions if your circuit does not seem to the same.
You identified your project to be about Home Wiring,
so you might find this information useful:
- Home Wiring
- Basic Home Wiring Diagrams with Pictures