Why Kitchen Receptacles Quit Working
Kitchen receptacles typically do not need to be replaced if they stop working. Counter top receptacles in the kitchen are protected by a GFI device such as a GFI receptacle or a GFI circuit breaker.
How to Repair Kitchen Outlets
- It is connected to the one across the kitchen which still works (which I thought was strange opposite walls connected but not the ones next to it). Anyway we replaced it wiring it the same way as we took it off and it still does not work.
- any suggestions would be helpful
This electrical question came from: Cheryl, a Homeowner from Jackson, MI
Thanks for your Electrical Repair question Cheryl.
- Kitchen receptacles typically do not need to be replaced if they stop working. Counter top receptacles in the kitchen are protected by a GFI device such as a GFI receptacle or a GFI circuit breaker.
- The first two things to check would be to see if a GFI receptacle located in the kitchen counter top area is tripped, and if so simply push the reset button.
- Next is to check for a tripped circuit breaker at the electrical panel.
- The kitchen electrical circuits should be labeled. If the circuit breakers are not labeled then now would be a good time for two people to map out the circuits in your home and identify them at the electric panel.
- Another possibility may be that a GFI receptacle has stopped working and may need to be replaced.
The Following will assist you with your Kitchen Electrical Receptacles
- Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Wiring Diagram GFI
- The features and benefits of GFCI outlets and receptacles will give you a clear understanding of the importance why these safety devices are required by code to help protect you and your family against accidental electrical shock hazards.
Understanding Electrical Testers
When working on home electrical wiring using voltage testers can play an important part in electrical safety. Electrical testers enable you to identify electrical circuits and help prevent the possibility of accidental electrical shock.
Types of Electrical Testers