Why Bathroom Light Fixtures May Not Work
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Get Your Bathroom Lights Working – Start with the obvious, the light bulbs, then the light switch should be checked for power coming in and leaving up to the light fixtures, next this calls for some troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting a Bathroom Light Fixture
This electrical repair question came from: Tommy, a Homeowner from Las Vegas, Nevada.
How to Get Your Bathroom Lights Working
Application: Testing Bathroom Light Switches.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with hand tools and electrical troubleshooting skills.
Precaution: Identify the lighting circuit, turn it OFF and then Tag it with a Note before performing any wiring or switch testing.
Why Bathroom Lights May Not Work
- To Repair Bathroom Lighting that is not working I would start with the obvious:
- Make sure all the light bulbs are screwed in all the way,
- Next the light switch should be checked for power coming in and leaving up to the light fixtures.
- This calls for troubleshooting using the process of elimination, which you will find using the links below.
More about Repairing a Bathroom Light Fixture
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
- Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.