What Type Of Wire is Allowed for Home Electrical Projects
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Know Which Electrical Cable You Should Use – There may be special requirements for certain areas where they do not allow Romex, but would require Armored Cable, BX, Flex or Conduit,
Your Local Building Department
- Where can I get more information about this?
This electrical wiring question came from: Joshua, a Contractor from Beverly Hills, CA.
Thanks for your electrical wring question Joshua.
How to Know Which Electrical Cable You Should Use
- Joshua, great question. The best way to know which cable type is permitted is to stop by or call your local building department and ask them.
- There may be special requirements for certain areas where they do not allow Romex, but would require Armored Cable, BX, Flex or Conduit, especially here in the earthquake state of California where there are a variety of additional electrical codes for us to conform to.
Electrical Tip for Home Wiring Projects
- Always consult with your local building department before starting any electrical wiring project or construction project.
- They will assist you with your project along with the applicable permit and inspections.
The Following will assist you with Home Electrical Wiring:
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Code Articles for Home Wiring
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project
- electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, and smoke-detectors.
- This link is helpful as a Contractor
- Electrical Code Articles