The Watt Size Limitations of Light Fixtures
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Why You Should Never Oversize a Light Bulb
Staying Within the Specifications for Light Bulbs
Background: Joe, a Homeowner from Midway, Utah
Thanks for your electrical question Joe.
You Should Never Oversize a Light Bulb
- NO, I advise you NOT to do this!
- The larger watt light bulb will overheat the lamp socket
- Overheating the light fixture components will create excess heat and a potential hazardous condition
- Excess heat can start a fire which we never want to see happen
- Always stay with the specifications of the light fixture when using light bulbs
- If additional lighting is needed then an additional light fixture may be required
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Electrical Safety
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for:
- Electrical Safety
Be Careful and Be Safe – Never Work on Energized Circuits!
For Best Results Consult a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Locate An Electrical Contractor in Your Area