Testing the Circuit for Your Kitchen Stove
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to a Test a Kitchen Stove Electrical Circuit when trying to connect or install the stove
Test the Electrical Circuit to Make Sure
- The plug is a 3 prong
- I wired the ground to middle, the black on the left and the white on the right.
- The stove top burners would not heat up.
- I have been told that the outlet was wired improperly.
- Do I just switch the white and black or?
I don’t want to burn up a brand new stove
This electrical question came from: Gary, a Homeowner from St. Louis, MO
Thanks for your electrical question Gary.
How to a Test a Kitchen Stove Electrical Circuit
- Identify the voltage and amperage requirements for the stove,
- Examine the outlet to see if it is the same voltage and amperage as the specification.
- Check the circuit breaker amperage rating and verify that the wire gauge and type is correct.
- This is important because not all stoves are exactly alike, some are 120 volts while others may be 240 volts, and the required circuit amperage must match the circuit that has been installed.
More about Kitchen Wiring