Signs Of Electrical Troubles You Should Watch For
What To Do When These Home Electrical Conditions Occur – Abnormal conditions with home electrical wiring are an indication of possible problems that could lead to a hazardous situation for the home and it’s occupants.
Plug Does Not Work and Electrical Wires Are Hot
Electrical Question: I have an electrical wall plug that will not work.
- I changed the receptacle. but it still doesn’t work.
- The wires are hot, what’s wrong?
This electrical wiring question came from: Debbi, a Handywoman.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Debbi.
What To Do When These Home Electrical Conditions Occur
Abnormal conditions with home electrical wiring are an indication of possible problems that could lead to a hazardous situation for the home and it’s occupants.
An Electrical Hazard When a Plug Does Not Work and the Electrical Wires Are Hot
- Hi Debbi, I really wish you would have given me a little more to go by, such as what is the plug or receptacle being used for and what wires are you referring to that are getting hot?
- IMPORTANT: what you are describing are signs of Electrical Troubles and I would advise that you Turn The Circuit OFF and contact a qualified electrician as soon as possible to have the problem identified and resolved to prevent any further possible problems.
The Following will assist you with your electrical outlet wiring:
- Wiring Electrical Outlets
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Home Electrical Safety
- A new approach to keep kids and electricity apart with hopes to prevent children from being injured by electricity.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wiring
- Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
This link is helpful as a Handy Woman
Do-It-Yourself Electrical for the Handy Woman
|« Installing Tamper Resistant Receptacle Outlets||Occupancy Sensors 3-Way and 4-Way Switches »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
See more about Electrical Wiring in Your Local Area