SCADA Systems and Home Automation
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls – SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems. We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
If this is your first visit, be sure to sign up for your Free Electrical Tips and eBook.
Your Comments and Electrical Questions are always welcome.
SCADA Systems and the Future of Home Electrical and Automation
This electrical question came from: S.M, a Homeowner from Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thanks for your electrical question S.M.
A Brief History of SCADA Systems
- SCADA, Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition system have been around for a long time, and are heavily relied on for manufacturing, especially in industrial applications.
- Automation and control systems are increasingly being installed into our homes which provide efficiency and energy savings.
- A SCADA system may be included in a stand alone device, or it may be a large system of devices that are networked together and controlled by one or more computer systems.
The Future of Home Automation Systems and Home Controls
- SCADA systems are extremely useful for numerous applications which are integrated into Home Automation and Home Control Systems.
- The demerits would be that they are only as good as their technological components, the code that is written for their control and how the database is generated and what the data is used for.
- Personally, I love technology, and I love programming. As the Word press programmers put it “Code is Poetry”, and I agree. The beauty of programming code and the machine that processes the instructions is that the performance can never be matched by a human.
- A computer does not have a mood, it will never get tired, it can function in the dark, and it does not need to be encouraged to do a good job. However the value of the result is based on the superiority of the code and the data it processes. As it is said, GIGO – Garbage In, Garbage Out.
- We now rely heavily on SCADA systems, they are here to stay, and they will just keep getting better with technology.
The Following will assist you with Home Automation Systems
- Home Automation
- Home automation is about delivering practical control of your lighting, home and personal lifestyle which provides comfort and control and energy savings.
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.