- Deregulated Electricity and Deregulated Natural Gas
- It used to be that all aspects of residential energy service were controlled by incumbent monopolies. But as customer demand for a choice and opportunity grew, laws were introduced that broke up the outdated system, allowing competition and giving customers the right to choose their energy provider.
- Energy deregulation is giving more people the power to choose their electricity and natural gas provider.
- When you choose Ambit Energy and become your own customer, or the customer of a friend or family member, you help empower great things, such as keeping more energy dollars in the local community and by helping people save money, earn money, and give back to the towns we live in and want to support.
- Deregulation of the Energy Industry
- Deregulation of the energy industry is happening now, and new markets are opening up enabling you to take advantage of all the opportunities deregulated markets create for consumers as well as new business opportunities.
- Today Consumers Have a Choice
- Before deregulated energy markets, consumers had no choice among energy providers.
- The energy market was completely monopolized, which meant one company provided all aspects of service, including sales, billing and delivery.