Replacing a Light Switch
Understanding Light Switch Wiring: I have 2 lights in my living room that are hooked to one dimmer switch. The lights stopped turning on.
Understanding Light Switch Wiring
This electrical question came from: Barbara, a Homeowner from Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
Thanks for your electrical question Barbara.
How to Connect Light Switch Wiring
- When the new replacement switch was installed you may have lost track of the wiring assignments.
- The wiring was most likely not connected color to color.
- The exact wiring and switching assignment will need to be identified by using a voltage tester.
- Please follow the links below for full color wiring diagrams for switches.
- Tracing and identifying is best done by an experienced electrician.
More about Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a dimmer switch
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.