Removing Unused Phone Jack Wiring
What To Do With Unused Telephone Wiring – If the phone wiring is disabled then sure, you can cover the the box where the phone jack was. Just make sure to make the other end of the phone cable accessible. Telephone wiring diagrams with photos and instructions will show you.
Removing an Unused Phone Jack
- I’m having a tile backs plash put in.
- I want to disable phone jack and cover hole with small piece of wallboard so that tile can be placed over it.
- What do I need to do to the wires to safely tile over it?
This electrical question came from: Marie, a Homeowner from Marco Island, Florida
Additional Comments: If your answer enables me to successfully do what I want, then your website is GREAT!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Marie.
What To Do With Unused Telephone Wiring
- Marie, if the phone wiring is disabled then sure, you can cover the the box where the phone jack was.
- Just make sure to make the other end of the phone cable accessible if you wish to use the phone service for that area in the future.
- Insulate the ends of the telephone wires with either electrical tape or small wire nuts.
The Following will assist you with your Telephone Jack Wiring:
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
For more information about Phone Jack Wiring
- Phone Jack Wiring
- This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.