Recessed Lighting Designs and Installation Factors
Installing Recessed Lighting: Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting
Electrical Question: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
- The floor joists measure approximately 7 inches depth.
- I intend using halo fixtures, model H7T for non insulated ceilings.
- The completed installation will provide approximately 1 inch clearance between top of fixture and wood flooring above.
- Am I safe and in NEC code compliance as long as I maintain at least one-half clearance.
This electrical wiring question came from: Eugene, a Homeowner from Waldwick, NJ.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Eugene.
Installing Recessed Lighting
Factors to Consider when Choosing Recessed Lighting: I am installing recessed incandescent fixtures in a basement room with no ceiling insulation.
- The safety issue falls back to the fixture manufacturer and what are the allowable installations with respect to insulation and ventilation issues.
- Halo for example, has a wide range of recessed lighting fixtures, some of which are rated for zero clearance and others that do not.
- So the chosen fixture must meet the installation environment factors and and local building and energy codes as per the fixture specification sheet.
The Following will assist you with Recessed Lighting
How to Install Basement Electrical Wiring
Basement Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Basement Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Electrical Code Articles
Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, smoke-detector.
|« Understanding Switched Outlet Wiring||Replacing Recessed Lights with Pendant Light Fixtures »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Recessed Can Light
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
See more about Electrical Wiring in Your Local Area