Problems with Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Repair a Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switch that keeps the ceiling fan or light from working…
Repairing a Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switch
This home electrical repairs question came from: Nancy, from Chetek, Wisconsin
See more about Home Electrical Repairs for Wisconsin
Additional Comments: It’s great!
Thanks for your Electrical Repair question Nancy
Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches
How to Repair a Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switch
- From what has been described in this question I would say that the pull chain switch needs to be replaced.
- If the ceiling fan is brand new then you may consider contacting the supplier and explain the situation and see if they want the ceiling fan to be returned or if they will provide a replacement, or possibly having a service technician replace the pull chain switch for you.
- In any case, the good news is that most pull chain switches found on ceiling fans may be replaced by following this example:
- Turn OFF the power to the ceiling fan. Identify the wiring and connections.
- Remove the switch and take it to your local hardware store or where ceiling fans may be purchased and get the exact replacement, and keep the old switch for reference.
- Install the new pull chain switch.
- Turn the power source back ON.
- Turn on and test the new pull chain switch.
More about Ceiling Fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Ceiling Fan Wiring
Ceiling Fan Wiringdiagram #1
Ceiling Fan Wiringdiagram #2
Ceiling Fan Installation #1
Ceiling Fan Installation #2
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.