Outlets Loose Power Due to Space Heater
How Large Appliances Could Cause Electrical Circuit Damage and Failure: The wiring will need to be identified and reconnected with approved insulated connectors.
Repairing Burnt Wires Best Performed By Qualified Electrician
- I even changed the breakers and cut the burnt wire.
- When I cut the white wire it tripped the circuit breaker but when I tap the black and white wire together it does nothing.
This electrical wiring question came from: Donte, a Contractor from Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Donte.
How Large Appliances Could Cause Electrical Circuit Damage and Failure
Repairing Burnt Electrical Wires
- Large appliances require a great deal of electricity and often they require a dedicated circuit.
- When a large appliance is plugged into a shared circuit it could be a problem especially with older homes and electrical wiring and circuit components.
- The problem with the outlet circuit mentioned in this question was indeed due to the space heater, however the repair was not performed correctly.
- The wiring will need to be identified and reconnected with approved insulated connectors.
- Burnt or damaged electrical wiring must be replaced or restored to maintain circuit integrity.
- This is best performed by a qualified licensed electrical contractor.
The Following will assist you with Repairing Burnt Wires
Electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
For more information about Lost Power
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.