Making Pigtails for Ground Wire Connections
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Splice Ground Wires for Making Connections: Splicing Electrical Wires – This page shows a series of photos that demonstrate how to use a crimp sleeve for making pigtails to be used for grounding.
How To Splice All Those Ground Wires
- I have 8 wires (14 gauge) coming into the box so I have 8 ground wires and I need 4 pigtails for ground the four switches.
- How to I connect all 12 ground wires?
- The biggest wire nut or compressing sleeve is for 6 wires.
This electrical wiring question came from: Frank, a Homeowner from Shelby Township, Michigan.
See more about Home Wiring for Michigan
Additional Comments: Great website.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Frank.
The Process of Splicing a lot of Electrical Wires
Frank, excellent question! .There are methods that can resolve this problem.
How to Splice Ground Wires for Making Connections
- Use a large Gray or Blue wire connector.
- Use 2 or 3 inline crimp sleeves that will allow a full length of 4 ground wires to extend far enough to allow attaching to the switch frame ground screws.
The Following will assist you with your electrical wiring project:
- Splicing Electrical Wires
- This page shows a series of photos that demonstrate how to use a crimp sleeve for making pigtails to be used for grounding.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
For more information about Electrical Code
- Home Electrical Code
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
Learn How to Wire it Right!
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.