Light Switch Wiring Diagrams
The Basics of Wiring Light Switches: Wiring Diagrams to Help You Wire Your Light Switches, Access to Fully Illustrated Wiring Diagrams to Help with Wiring Light Switches
How to Wire Light Switches
- I want to turn each light on with its own switch. What is the easiest way to do this.
- I have had several people tell me how but I want to make sure that I wire these lights the right way.
Thanks for the help.
This electrical question came from: Robert, a Handyman from Nashville, Alabama.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Robert.
Wiring Light Switches
Application: Wiring Light Switches.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best installed by a Licensed Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional fixture wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Materials: Make sure the replacement light switch has the same amperage and voltage rating as the original switch, and is fully compatible with the electrical circuit, the light fixture and the type of light bulbs being used.
The Basics of Wiring Light Switches
- Electrical wiring for light switches to control light fixtures can be explained best with a wiring diagram.
- The wiring diagram should reflect where the power source is located for your application.
- The power source will either be at the switch box or the light fixture.
- Select the wiring diagram used for a single light fixture and use it for both switch and light fixture applications.
Wiring Diagrams to Help You Wire Your Light Switches
Fully Illustrated Wiring Diagrams to Help with Wiring Light Switches
- Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about electrical wiring for light switches and fixtures describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.