Filed under LED Lights and Dimmers
LED Lights and Dimmer Switches
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches – Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
Can LED Lights Work With a Dimmer Switch
This home electrical question came from: Laura, a Homeowner from San Marcos, Texas.
See more about Home Wiring for Texas
Thanks for your home electrical question Laura.
LED Lighting and Dimmer Switches
- The LED lights and the dimmer switch must be compatible with each other for normal operation. Traditional dimmer switches work fine with incandescent light fixtures, however various new lights have electronic circuit components that will require dimmer switches specifically for these new lights.
- Most dimmer switches can be adjusted to enable the full range of lighting control.
- As for the comment from the electrician where you will just have to live with it, well I would rather think that he would have looked into the problem and find the solution for you.
More about Installing Lighting and Dimmer Switches
How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- Installing recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« How To Wire a Outlet with a Switch||Problems with Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switches »|