Kitchen Island Electrical Outlet Wiring
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Electrical Code Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
WHAT ARE THE ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR KITCHEN OUTLETS?
This electrical question came from: GEORGE, a Contractor.
Thanks for your electrical question GEORG.
- George, the kitchen island must have an outlet that is placed on a GFI protected circuit.
- This circuit can be extended off of the existing kitchen counter top outlets or be placed on a dedicated circuit depending on the loads of the anticipated connected devices.
The Following links will assist you with kitchen electrical wiring
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
- GFCI Wiring
- This list of articles will help you learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI and GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.