Kitchen Island Electrical Outlet Wiring
Electrical Code Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
Requirements for Kitchen Island Electrical Outlets
WHAT ARE THE ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR KITCHEN OUTLETS?
This electrical question came from: GEORGE, a Contractor.
Thanks for your electrical question GEORG.
- George, the kitchen island must have an outlet that is placed on a GFI protected circuit.
- This circuit can be extended off of the existing kitchen counter top outlets or be placed on a dedicated circuit depending on the loads of the anticipated connected devices.
The Following links will assist you with kitchen electrical wiring
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
- GFCI Wiring
- This list of articles will help you learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI and GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.