Installing Control Switch Wiring
How to Wire a Control Switch for a Water Pump – The 3 way switches could control the pump directly or they can be used for a control circuit which could activate a relay that would control the Goulds water pump.
Control Switch Wiring for a Water Pump
Electrical Question: Hi Dave, I have a Goulds Water pump, but I want two switches to control the pump.
- I want to install one upstairs for when I am upstairs
- And I want one downstairs whenever I am downstairs.
Any help will be appreciated.
This electrical wiring question came from: Andrew, a Handyman from Triniad &Tobago
Additional Comments: Just Great!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Andrew.
How to Wire a Control Switch for a Water Pump
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and install electrical circuit wiring.
Notice: Installing additional electrical circuit wiring should be done with a permit and be inspected.
- Consider installing a typical 3-way switch for your Goulds water pump, I believe that would work fine.
- See the wiring diagrams using the links on this page.
- The 3 way switches could control the pump directly or they can be used for a control circuit which could activate a relay that would control the Goulds water pump.
The Following resources will assist you with your electrical question:
3-way switch wiring
Easy to Understand 3 Way Switch Diagrams
- 3 Way Switch Diagrams Fully Explained.
- Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
You identified your project to be about 3 Way Switch Diagram,
so you might find this information useful:
3 Way Switch Diagram
3 Way Switch Diagram
In response to the requests for this information, I have developed a comprehensive,step-by-step guide designed to walk you through the identification and wiring of your 3-way switches.
For more information about Home Wiring
Basic Home Wiring Diagrams with Pictures
This link is helpful as a Handyman
|« Electrical Utility Company Gives Free Power to Customer||Kitchen Cabinet Light Fixture Wiring »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
See more about Electrical Wiring in Your Local Area