Infrared Sauna Electrical Circuit
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Understanding Electrical Wiring and Electrical Circuit Requirements for a Infrared Sauna – It is a very common mistake that a circuit is installed before knowing exactly what the required circuit size should be
Infrared Sauna Electrical Circuit Requirements
- Before hand I wired an new outlet to run it into.
- I put in 12 gauge wire and ran it into my pool breaker box to an unused 20AMP circuit breaker.
- When I plug the new unit in and run it for a little while it trips the breaker.
- My question is, can the 12 gauge wire handle a 25 or 30 amp breaker on it so I can stop the tripping
- or should I first install a new 20 amp breaker?
Thank you very much for the help.
This electrical wiring question came from: Jeff, a Homeowner from Sarasota, Florida.
See more about Home Wiring for Florida
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Jeff.
Electrical Wiring and Electrical Circuit Requirements for a Infrared Sauna
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring should be done with a permit and be inspected.
Understanding Electrical Wiring and Electrical Circuit Requirements for a Infrared Sauna
- Jeff, no you should never install a larger size circuit breaker because that will overheat the circuit wiring.
- What is not mentioned is what exactly is the required electrical circuit for this infrared sauna?
- It is a very common mistake that a circuit is installed before knowing exactly what the required circuit size should be,
- and then after getting the equipment it is found that the circuit is not large enough and a new circuit will be require to be installed for the safe operation of the equipment.
The Following will assist you with your Electrical Circuit for an Infrared Sauna:
- House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
- Circuit Wiring
- Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
- Electrical Outlets
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.