How to Replace Light Switches
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Replace a Light Switch – Single pole switches will only have two switched wires and the connection of these two wires to the terminal screws of the switch will not matter, or the polarity is not crucial.
Keeping Track of the Power and Fixture Wires Is The Key
This electrical wiring question came from: David , a Homeowner from Virginia beach, VA
Additional Comments: Very informative.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question David.
How to Replace a Light Switch
- First, must make sure that the lighting circuit is identified and the power is turned off.
- Next, identify the power source or the wire that provides power to the light switch.
- Then identify the wire leading to the light fixtures.
- Single pole switches will only have two switched wires and the connection of these two wires to the terminal screws of the switch will not matter, or the polarity is not crucial.
- The Bare Ground wire is attached to the Green Ground Screw of the light switch.
- Take it one step at a time, work with one switch at a time.
Light Switch Wiring
Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.