Filed under: Dish Network » Feedback, Comments or Questions «
|« Electrical Power Design for a Garage Workshop||CFL and LED Lighting Upgrades »|
How to Repair Signal Loss for a Dish Network TV
©Copyright Dave Rongey - Summary:
Problems with Dish Network TV Signal and How to Repair Them: My dish network signal gets interrupted when the well pump is running.
Problems with Dish Network TV Signal and How to Repair Them
Electrical Question: My dish network signal gets interrupted when the well pump is running.
- I was told it might be the pump sending a signal through the power panel. This does not effect any other electrical devices.
- I am planning to install a small panel for the well pump, do you think this will fix the problem? or should I put in a switch that is powered for the satellite dish.
- The problem happens when changing the TV channel which causes the dish to loose connection just long enough to stop the signal. Another thought is to put a filter on the line to the pump so the signal only flows from the panel and not back.
- The pump is a 30amp 2 pole on a 100amp second electrical service in the basement from a 225 amp panel that is up stairs. We also loose signal when the furnace turns on but only once in a while.
This home electrical repairs question came from: Jim, in Ft. Lupton, Colorado.
Thanks for your electrical troubleshooting question Jim.
Power Conditioning for a Dish Network Receiver
Power Surges and Signal Interruptions
- Surge Suppression
From what this question has described the best solution I would recommend is to install a surge suppression power strip which will condition the power and prevent power surges to the dish network receiver.
- Power Surge from Electric Motor Start
When electric motors first start this will cause a power surge which may be enough to cause the dish network receiver to drop the TV signal, and that would explain why this is happening when the well pump or furnace motor starts.
- Power Conditioning
Installing a good quality surge suppression strip with power conditioning would help protect the satellite receiver against power spikes and power surges.
More about Electrical Power Conditioning Power Quality
House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Electrical Panel Circuit Listing
Testers to Help Solve Electrical Problems
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.