How to Install Wiring for a Ceiling Light Fixture
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Electrical Wiring Diagrams for Installing a Ceiling light in a Living Room. A ceiling box should be installed and the converted cable from the wall receptacle can be installed up to the new ceiling light fixture.
Wiring Diagrams for Ceiling Light Fixtures
- I have a wall switch that is dead and want to connect the light to it.
- I have enough room above the ceiling.
- There is not an existing ceiling light fixture box.
- I think the switch used to control a receptacle.
This electrical question came from: Bob, a Homeowner from White Bear Lake, Minnesota.
See more about Home Wiring for Minnesota
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Bob.
Installing Ceiling Light Fixtures
- The wiring that was used for the switched wall receptacle can be converted to be used for the ceiling light fixture.
- A ceiling box should be installed and the converted cable from the wall receptacle can be installed up to the new ceiling light fixture.
Planning and Installing Home Lighting
Home lighting articles covering recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, lighting terminology and more.
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
For more information about Circuit Wiring
Electrical Circuit Wiring
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
This link is helpful as a Homeowner