How To Fix Your Phone Jack Wiring
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Check your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone
Phone Jack Wiring and Repairs
Electrical Question: I changed some of the jacks on the phone line.
- The two phones downstairs work fine, but when I connect the upstairs phone, sometimes it works and other times it will disable all the other phones.
- Sometimes the phone rings once then cuts off. Why is it when I connect the upstairs phone there is a problem?
This electrical question came from: Lance, a Homeowner from Brooklyn, NY.
Thanks for your telephone wiring question Lance.
How to Check Your Phone Jack Wiring and Get a Dial Tone
- I would double check your wring connections on the phone that is causing all the problems.
- If you notice that the phone line goes dead when you use a different phone then the phone may have a problem, or the telephone wiring may be damaged.
- Go to the telephone wiring diagram and make sure the connections are correct.
Telephone Wiring Diagram
Phone Jack Wiring
- This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.