How Does an Infrared Camera Troubleshoot Electrical Problems
How is a Infrared Camera Used to Detect Electrical Problems? Thermal Expansion and Contraction that Can Cause Faulty Electrical Connections.
Infrared Cameras for Electrical Problems
- What is all the excitement about Infrared Cameras, and what does this have to do with Electrical Wiring and Panels?
Infrared Cameras Now Benefit Virtually All of the Electrical Industry
Below are just a few reasons why Infrared Cameras are now a Big Benefit for Electricians and the Electrical Industry, and how they can be used from power generation all the way to your home to help keep your lights on.
How Infrared Cameras are Used to Help Detect Electrical Problems
- The Critical Path of Electricity
- Power conductors of all types and sizes are connected to a variety of components from one end of a high voltage power source and throughout the electrical grid where electricity is ultimately delivered from the utility company to the customer. However it does not end there, as electrical panels distribute the power out to individual circuits to energize equipment and devices where electricity is turned into anything from hospital medical treatments, air conditioning, or your favorite form of entertainment.
Thermal Expansion and Contraction Causes Faulty Electrical Connections
- Power Conductors and Faulty Connections
- Infrared Cameras can help identify hot spots at wire splices and terminals, as well as cable and lug connections starting at the electrical utility service entrance.
Problems Caused by an Unbalanced Electric Service
- An unbalanced condition where the main electric service conductors do not have an evenly balanced load can be caused by improper installation of electrical circuits or pending equipment failure due to the lack of preventive maintenance or deteriorating components within the system.
- An unbalanced electrical system can cause higher than normal energy costs as well as abnormal equipment performance. However, this can be avoided through early detection, equipment repairs and a continuous preventive maintenance program.
- Infrared Cameras can be used to help detect unbalanced loads by scanning the service entrance conductors and comparing temperature readings which can be directly associated with the performance of the electrical system.
More about Electrical Wiring
Understanding Electrical Testers
When working on home electrical wiring using voltage testers can play an important part in electrical safety. Electrical testers enable you to identify electrical circuits and help prevent the possibility of accidental electrical shock.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
Home Electrical Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Wiring Tools
A listing of the electrical tools I use on most all of my electrical jobs and projects.