Home Remodeling and Electrical Wiring
How is the electric wiring changed when adding a new outlet? How to Relocate Electrical Wiring, Identifying and Connecting Electrical Wires.
Making Wiring Connections
I just removed a wall that had two outlets in it. Now have 4 sets of wires that are capped and sticking out of the adjacent wall. I would like to put 1 outlet in the adjacent wall but what do I do with the other two sets of wires. I need to complete the current because right now the rest of the electricity in the room will not work.
This electrical wiring question came from: Michael, a Homeowner from Phoenix, Arizona
Additional Comments: This is an extremely helpful website.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Michael.
How to Relocate Electrical Wiring
Application: Home Remodel Project, Wiring a New Outlet.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced – Best installed by a licensed electrical contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the outlet circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
Identifying and Connecting Electrical Wires
- When making changes to the wall structure of a home it is very common that electrical wiring will need to be relocated.
- This will required that all the wiring must be identified and placed in accessible junction boxes which may be located in areas that will meet the electrical requirements for the new design of the remodeled area.
- The electrical wiring will then need to be spliced so that the circuit may continue to serve the remaining devices of the enabling them to function as they did before.
More about Residential Electrical Wiring
- Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.