Ground Wires and 240 Volt Circuits
How and Where to Connect Ground Wires on 240 Volt Circuits: The ground wire must be attached where there is a ground terminal or connection on all devices, which should be present on the 4-wire 240 volt receptacles that you are installing.
Wiring the Ground Wire for a 240 Volt Circuit
- My question is what to do with the ground as I assume the other wires (two hots and one neutral) are essential.
- I will be running some woodworking equipment that is already set up with 3 wire plugs.
Thanks a lot! Alexis
This Electrical Wiring Question came from: Alexis, a Homeowner from Santa Cruz, California.
Thanks for your Electrical Wiring Question Alexis.
How to Connect Ground Wires on 240 Volt Circuits
- The ground wire is the most important wire in any home electrical wiring circuit.
- The ground wire should be bonded with all other ground wires and bonded to any metal junction box or enclosure.
- The ground wire must also be attached where there is a ground terminal or connection on all devices, which should be present on the 4-wire 240 volt receptacles that you are installing.
- Many times the ground terminal is identified with a green screw.
More about 240 Volt Electrical Wiring
Electric Circuit Listing
The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
Wiring 220 Volt Electrical Outlet
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how electrical outlets for the home are wired.
This link is helpful as a Homeowner