Generator and Transfer Switch Sizing
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Size a Generator Transfer Switch and Electrical Wring – The generator and transfer switch should have the same ratings.
Planning for a Safe Generator and Transfer Switch Installation
This electrical wiring question came from: David, a Homeowner from Coucil Grove, Kansas
Thanks for your electrical wiring question David.
How to Size a Generator Transfer Switch and Electrical Wring
- The generator and transfer switch should have the same ratings.
- In most cases the transfer switch is rated higher than the generator, especially if the generator is portable.
- A full understanding of all the electrical loads that will be placed on the generator is required for a safe installation.
- The installation must be installed by a permit and inspected by a local building department official.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
- Home Generators
- This series covers a wide variety of topics all about home generators including sizing, selecting, connecting and safely operating this all important addition to your home.