Electrical Wiring for Post Lights
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights: I have a post light that isn’t working. There is power coming through the post wires.
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights
- There is power coming through the post wires.
- The fixture lights up when connected to an inside outlet but doesn’t when connected to the post light wiring.
We are baffled. Any suggestions?
This electrical question came from: Rosemary, a Homeowner from Portsmouth, RI
Thanks for your electrical question Rosemary.
Fixture Checks for Post Lights
- Rosemary, Was the post light circuit tested for both the hot and neutral?
- Testing between these two wires will produce 120 volts.
- Also, does the light fixture have a photo cell installed that only allows the post light to come on if it is dark? Try a new light bulb.
The Following links will assist you with your Post Lights
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC: Lighting, Outdoor Lighting