Electrical Wiring for Post Lights
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights: I have a post light that isn’t working. There is power coming through the post wires.
Electrical Wiring and Fixture Checks for Post Lights
I have a post light that isn’t working.
- There is power coming through the post wires.
- The fixture lights up when connected to an inside outlet but doesn’t when connected to the post light wiring.
We are baffled. Any suggestions?
This electrical question came from: Rosemary, a Homeowner from Portsmouth, RI
Thanks for your electrical question Rosemary.
Fixture Checks for Post Lights
- Rosemary, Was the post light circuit tested for both the hot and neutral?
- Testing between these two wires will produce 120 volts.
- Also, does the light fixture have a photo cell installed that only allows the post light to come on if it is dark? Try a new light bulb.
The Following links will assist you with your Post Lights
For more information about Electrical Wiring
Home electrical wiring projects with pictures and wiring diagrams.
|« Electrical Symbols and Wiring Diagrams||Connections for Electric Batteries »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.
See more about Electrical Wiring in Your Local Area