Electrical Wiring for a House Trailer
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Install Wiring for a House Trailer: Romex Type NM Cable, Installing and Supporting Electrical Wiring, Electrical wiring for two modular sections that is spliced under the home into metal junction boxes.
If this is your first visit, be sure to sign up for your Free Electrical Tips and eBook.
Your Comments and Electrical Questions are always welcome.
Electrical Codes for House Trailer Wiring
- There’s room in the 100 amp panel.
- My question is can I run 12/2 indoor Romex underneath the trailer and be within code?
This electrical wiring question came from: Richard, a Electrician from Lees Summit, Missouri
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Richard.
How to Install Wiring for a Trailer House
- Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
- Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
- Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools and access to the area of the trailer.
- Precaution: Identify the circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
- Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring for the house trailer should be done with a permit and be inspected.
Electrical Codes and House Trailer Wiring
- Romex Type NM Cable
I was involved in a relocation project where the military was relocating service personnel and their families to mobile home parks and I recall that the electrical wiring for two modular sections was spliced under the home into metal junction boxes.
- The wiring was Romex Type NM Cable which was installed above the membrane fabric, and this was acceptable in the state code here in California.
- Installing and Supporting Electrical Wiring
- This is very similar to installing electrical wiring under a conventional home where the wiring is well supported and secured to the floor.
- Be sure to consult your local building department for verifications and details.
More about House Trailer Wiring
House Wiring Circuits and Circuit Breakers
This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
Electric Circuit Listing
The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
Electrical Code Articles
Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, smoke-detector,
This link is helpful as a Electrician
Electrical Code Articles
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
Do You Have an Electrical Wiring Question?