Electrical Question about Telephone Wiring
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Wire a Telephone Jack and Identify the Phone Line Wire Colors
Electrical Question from Jack about Telephone Wiring
Background: Jack, a Homeowner from McHenry, IL
Dave The Electrician’s Reply:
How to Wire a Telephone Jack
Telephone Jack Wiring
Thanks for your electrical question Jack. Well – You didn’t tell me what color wires you have on the telephone line side coming in so here’s what you do, connect two wires on the terminals, if it does not work just reverse the pair.
- The nice thing about the phone lines is you really can’t hurt anything, well you could blow your service fuse, but that is rare.
- Handle one wire at a time because you could get a tingle if a call comes in and your holding both wires …., you would be the bell!
- More detailed information can be found here in this website. Just click the link to the telephone wiring diagram link below.
This telephone wiring diagram with photos and instructions will show you the direct steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
- Phone Line Wire Colors
Telephone Wiring Diagram
- For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
- This link is helpful as a Homeowner
- Make sure not to miss these Resources for: How-To-Pictures
Home Electrical Projects