Electrical Code and Buried UF Cable
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Does the electrical code allow you to run UF cable in concrete? Installing Buried Electrical Cable, The Minimum Covering Requirements for UF Cable.
Electrical Code for UF Cable
This electrical question came from: Joseph, a Homeowner from Montague, New Jersey.
Thanks for your electrical question Joseph.
Installing Buried UF Electrical Cable
Underground Feeder, UF cable, cannot be run inside concrete.
The Minimum Covering Requirements for UF Cable
- General installation – bury UF cable 24 inches deep.
- 2 Inches of Concrete Covering when UF cable is buried 18 Inches Deep.
- 4 Inch Slab, No Vehicles – 18 Inch Depth.
- Under a Street – 24 Inch Depth.
- Under a Driveway – 18 Inch Depth.
More about Electrical Codes and Electrical Wire Types
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Code Articles for Home Wiring
Electrical Code Directory covering underground electrical wiring.