Electric Stove Hot Plates Not Heating
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Repair or Replace DEFY Hot Plates: Electrical Wiring for Hot Plates. My stove hot plates are not heating up all the way.
DEFY Hob Stove Hot Plate Problem
- I replaced all four of my stoves hot plates.
- Now the plates only get warm, not HOT.
- I have a DEFY Slimline 600 S.
Could you please help!
This electrical wiring question came from Patrick, a Homeowner from Cape Town, South Africa.
Electrical Question #2: I have a defy 835 glass top stove, some time back one plate stopped working then they all followed suit as time went by.
I had an electrician look at it and when he bridged the plate it came back on which tells me there must be something electrically wrong with switches.
This electrical repair question came from: Sean, in the United Kingdom.
Thanks for your electrical questions Patrick and Sean.
How to Troubleshoot a DEFY Hot Plate Problem
Application: 220 Volt Hot Plate Wiring.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best performed by a Certified Electrician.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the available access to the DEFY hot plate wiring.
Precaution: Identify the DEFY circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the hot plate wiring.
Note: Replacement hot plates or burners must be for the same make, model, voltage and watt rating.
Electric Circuit Power for Defy Hob Stove Plates
- When the Defy hot plates do not heat this indicates that one pole of the power is not functioning at the unit.
- During normal operation the appliance must be connected to the mains through a double pole isolating switch which has a minimum clearance between the contacts of 3 mm. in both poles.
- Make certain that both poles of the isolating switch are in the ON position.
- If your stove has a disconnect switch make sure that both poles of the switch are functioning properly and the defy is getting full power.
- If the circuit power has been tested and is found to be normal, then the control switch and the hot plates will need to be tested and replaced if found to be faulty.
More about 220 Volt Stove Wiring
Wiring a Kitchen Range
Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
- Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system.
- How a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range is wired, and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: Wiring Diagrams
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« Ask The Electrician – Electrical Questions and Answers Database||How To Install A 3-Way Motion Sensor Switch »|