Electric Cooktop Circuit Requirements for Renters
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Cook Top Electrical Circuit Requirements – You can only supply 240 volts to a 2 burner 240 volt cook top, and the circuit would need to be rated at the specifications of the cook top that you have.
Basement Rental and Cook top Circuit Issue
This electrical wiring question came from: Sarah, a Other from Douglasville, Ga
Additional Comments: Thank you so much!
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Sarah.
Cook Top Electrical Circuit Requirements
Sorry Sarah, you can only supply 240 volts to a 2 burner 240 volt cook top, and the circuit would need to be rated at the specifications of the cook top that you have.
- This situation brings up the point of how important it is to plan each remodel project carefully.
- The lack of planning for this basement remodel serve as a rental unit is now causing a problem for the tenant.
- Remodel projects for a basement, attic or garage with the intended purpose of a separate dwelling such as a rental should be planned such as an apartment suite, complete with cooking and bathroom facilities which meet all the local code requirements, such as smoke detectors, GFI outlets, heating and air conditioning with all the circuit requirements to make this all possible, along with all the other supporting infrastructure as well.
- Check with your local building department for full details.
- A word of warning: The lack of planning for the proper features of a rental space can be a recipe for disaster. Believe me – I have rewired burned out structures as a result of a fire caused by improper heating equipment that was used due to a lack of planning.
Basement Electrical Wiring
Basement Electrical Wiring for the Home
- Understanding circuit options for basement electrical wiring will help you determine the electrical load requirements. This information will help as a home electrical basement wiring guide.
This link is helpful for home electrical wiring:
Home Electrical Wiring