Ceiling Fan Wiring for Remote Control
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan – Ceiling fan remote controls are great for controlling most ceiling fan and light fixture.
Replacing Wall Switch Wiring with a Remote Control
- We will be adding a remote control which replaces the light switch.
- We have 2 light switches.
- Which one do we use and how do we install it.
- The house is 3 years old.
Thank you for all of your help.
This electrical wiring question came from: Sharon, a Homeowner from Stockbridge, MA – USA
See more about Home Wiring for Massachusetts
Additional Comments: Very helpful.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Sharon.
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the ceiling fan.
Precaution: Identify the ceiling fan circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Ceiling fan remote controls are great for controlling most ceiling fan and light fixture.
- When two wall switches control the ceiling fan just connect to and use the wiring of one switch and not the other switch.
- The other switch can be left as is or removed and you can install a filler or switch cover that is blank on one side.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Ceiling Fan Wiring
Wiring ceiling fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.