Ceiling Fan Wiring Diagrams
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Replace an Old Ceiling Fan: I am replacing an old ceiling fan and need help with the wire connections.
Wiring Diagrams for Ceiling Fans and Lights
I have a project where I am replacing the old ceiling fan and I made the mistake of not paying attention to how the wires had been connected on the old fan.
- From the Ceiling I have:
- I have two white wires
- 1 red wire
- A ground wire
- From the Ceiling Fan
- One black
- One white
- One black/white wire,
- One ground
How do I make this connection?
This electrical wiring question came from: Doug, a Homeowner from O’Fallon, Missouri.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Doug.
How to Replace an Old Ceiling Fan
Application: Wiring a Ceiling Fan
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, a non-aluminum ladder and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and access to the ceiling fan.
Precaution: Identify the ceiling fan circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Replacing an Old Ceiling Fan and Making the Wiring Connections
Doug, follow the links provided and I believe you will find the wiring diagram for your ceiling fan.
- The Following links will assist you with Replacing an Old Ceiling Fan
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
More about Wiring a Ceiling Fan
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #2
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #2
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.