Ceiling Fan Remote for a Fluorescent Light
How to Wire a Ceiling Fan with a Remote Control for the Light Fixture: Troubleshooting a Ceiling Fan Light with Remote Control.
Ceiling Fan Remote Control for Lights
Electrical Question: I have a ceiling fan that is controlled by a remote control.
- The ceiling fan has a fluorescent light.
- There is a device inside the circular light but I am not sure what it is for.
- Is this florescent light a self starter?
- Is there a separate starter that is required for ceiling fan lights?
This electrical wiring question came from: Norm, a Handyman from San Antonio, Texas.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Norm.
Ceiling Fan Light Kits with Remote Control
Application: Ceiling Fan Remote Control.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate – Best if wired by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution: Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Materials: Make sure the remote control unit is fully compatible with the ceiling fan you have and the size of the lamps that will be installed in the fixture.
Troubleshooting a Ceiling Fan Light with Remote Control
- The light fixture portion of the ceiling fan should work independently for the fan motor.
- Typically there is a separate wire for the light fixture, and the ceiling fan light may have a separate pull chain switch for the light fixture which needs to be in the ON position.
- A wall switch for the ceiling fan must be in the ON position before the remote control unit will operate.
- Make sure the lamps or light bulbs in the ceiling fan light are functioning, and replace as needed.
More about Wiring Ceiling Fans with a Remote Control
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
Browse other questions about this topic:
Light Fixture ceiling fan, ceiling fan fluorescent light, ceiling fan light, ceiling fan light remote, ceiling fan light switch, ceiling fan remote, electrical wiring
Or Ask Dave a Question
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.